Information about the healing meanings of Cats Eye is included with purchase, as well as a pamphlet about the metaphysical meanings of stones & how to use them for healing.
Cats Eye is a form of Chrysoberyl. The name Chrysoberyl is derived from the Greek words "χρυσός" "chrysos" & "βήρυλλος" "beryllos" meaning "a gold-white spar".
Ordinary Chrysoberyl is yellowish-green & transparent to translucent. When it has a good pale green to yellow color & is transparent, then it is used as a gemstone. There are three main varieties of Chrysoberyl: ordinary yellow-to-green Chrysoberyl, Cat's Eye also known as Cymophane, & Alexandrite.
Chrysoberyl has the best chatoyancy or opalescence (cat’s eye effect) of all gemstone. This is caused by inclusions of fine slender parallel fibrous inclusions or cavities within the stone that reflect light in a single band, somewhat resembling an actual cat’s eye. The effect can vary from a billowy, floating light reflection to a bright, concentrated band of light.
Natural Cat's Eye is mined in Brazil, India, China & Zimbabwe.
Cats Eye Stone Meaning
Cat’s Eye is an excellent grounding stone that is also very protective. It is often used as a talisman to protect the wearer from the “evil eye”. Other metaphysical meanings of Cats Eye stone include the following:
- attracts good luck & fortune
- helps you to be determined & strengthens your resolve
- stimulates your intuition
- enhances awareness
- dispels unwanted energy from your aura
- transforms negative thoughts into positive energy
- brings happiness & serenity
- helps you to feel optimistic, confident, kind & generous
- amplifies good luck & fortune
- enhances creativity
- treats eye disorders & improves night vision
- relieves headaches, facial & sciatic pain
- helps the nervous system and associated pains
- can be used to heal the kidneys, pancreas, liver, lymph nodes, spleen & issues associated with leukemia
Information about the Metaphysical Meaning of Stones