What is Palo Santo?
Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) is a sacred fragrant tree native to the tropical forests of Ecuador, Mexico and the Yucatán Peninsula of Peru in South America. From the same botanical family as Frankincense & Myrrh trees, its powerful and beautiful aroma has notes of lemon, mint & pine. Palo Santo is considered to be one of the most fragrant woods in the world.
What is Palo Santo used for?
Palo Santo’s name literally means “Holy Wood”. Its smoke is so powerful & its healing powers so numerous that it has been a staple in sacred rituals & everyday uses in South American culture for centuries.
Some of its most well-known uses include the following:
- smudging to remove & keep “bad energy” away
- relaxation & reducing stress
- raising your vibration during meditation to allow a deeper connection to Mother Earth & Divine Source energy
- enhancing creativity
- clearing misfortune, negative thought prints & evil spirits
- said to bring both love & good fortune to those who are open to its magic
- stimulating mental & emotional clarity
- repelling mosquitoes & other insects
- disinfecting the air