What is Palo Santo?
Palo Santo (Bursera graveolens) is a sacred fragrant tree native to the tropical forests of Ecuador, Mexico, and the Yucatán Peninsula of Peru in South America. From the same botanical family as Frankincense and Myrrh trees, its powerful and beautiful aroma has notes of lemon, mint, and pine. Palo Santo is considered one of the most fragrant woods in the world.
What is Palo Santo used for?
Palo Santo’s name literally means Holy Wood. Its smoke is so powerful and its powers so numerous that it has been a staple in sacred rituals and everyday uses in South American culture for centuries.
Some of its most well-known uses include the following:
- smudging to remove and keep bad energy away
- relaxation and reducing stress
- raising your vibration during meditation
- enhancing creativity
- clearing misfortune and negative thoughts
- stimulating mental and emotional clarity