Information about Root Chakra
The Root Chakra, located at the base of the spine or coccyx, is the First Chakra & is sometimes called the Base Chakra. The ancient Sanskrit word for this Chakra is "Muladhara" meaning "root support".
The Root Chakra is related to survival, our body &d identity as an individual. Our health, constitution & security including material wealth are also linked to your Root Chakra.
This chakra is our energy foundation & is where we connect with our physical body. By connecting with this chakra, we feed both our physical & spiritual needs. Through the Root Chakra, we are guided on our journey through life.
The Base or Root Chakra is associated with the color red. This chakra is the grounding force that allows us to connect to the earth energies & empower our beings.
Root Chakra Associations
- Color - red
- Physical Location - base of the spine
- Stones & Crystals - Hematite, Black Obsidian, Black Tourmaline, Garnet, Smokey Quartz
- Associated Endocrine Gland - Gonads
- Purposes - kinesthetic feelings, movement
- Spiritual Lesson - material world lessons
- Physical Dysfunctions- lower back pain, sciatica, varicose veins, rectal tumors, depression, immune related disorders
- Mental and Emotional Issues - survival, self-esteem, social order, security, family
- Information Stored Inside Root Chakra - familial beliefs, superstitions, loyalty, instincts, physical pleasure or pain, touch
- Area of Body Governed - spinal column, kidneys, legs, feet, rectum, immune system
The Root chakra is about being physically there and feeling at home in situations. If it is open, you feel grounded, stable and secure. You don’t unnecessarily distrust people. You feel present in the here and now and connected to your physical body. You feel you have sufficient territory.
If you tend to be fearful or nervous, your Root Chakra is probably underactive. You’d easily feel unwelcome. If this chakra is overactive, you may be very materialistic and greedy. You’re probably obsessed with being secure and resist change.