Information about Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra is located just below the navel in the lower belly. This is the Second Chakra and is also called the Splenic or Spleen Chakra. The ancient Sanskrit word for this chakra is "Svadhisthana" which means "sacred home of the self".
The Sacral Chakra holds the energy of creativity, procreation, sex, morality, and control. Your dreams fantasies & emotions are also governed by this chakra. This Chakra is associated with emotions, feelings, states of desire & imagination.
You get your sense of freedom & being open to change through the Sacral Chakra. It allows flexibility & flow in your life.
The Sacral Chakra is associated with the color orange or red-orange. This chakra often offers us the opportunity to lessen our control issues & find a balance in our lives, teaching us to recognize that acceptance & rejection are not the only options in our relationships. The process of making changes in our life stream through our personal choices is a product of Second Chakra energy. A well-functioning Spleen Chakra helps you to maintain a healthy yin-yang existence.
Sacral Chakra Associations
- Color - orange
- Physical Location - lower abdomen to the navel
- Stones & Crystals – Orange Calcite, Carnelian
- Associated Endocrine Gland - Pancreas
- Purposes - emotional connection
- Spiritual Lesson - creativity, manifestation. honoring relationships, learning to "let go"
- Physical Dysfunctions- low back pain, sciatica, ob/gyn problems, pelvic pain, libido, urinary problems
- Mental and Emotional Issues - blame, guilt, money, sex, power, control, creativity, morality
- Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra - duality, magnetism, controlling patterns, emotional feelings (joy, anger, fear)
- Area of Body Governed - sexual organs, stomach, upper intestines, liver, gallbladder, kidney, pancreas, adrenal glands, spleen, middle spine
The Sacral Chakra is about feeling & sexuality. When it’s open, your feelings come freely & you’re able to express them without being over-emotional. You are open to intimacy and you can be passionate & lively. You have no problems dealing with your sexuality. If you tend to be stiff & unemotional or have a “poker face”, the Sacral Chakra is underactive and you’re not very open to people.
If this chakra is overactive, you tend to be emotional all the time. You’ll feel emotionally attached to people and you can be very sexual.