Information about Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra is located between your navel & the bottom of your rib cage. It is your Third Chakra & is also known as the Navel Chakra. The Sanskrit word for this Chakra is "Manipura" meaning “city of shining jewels.”
This is where your strongest sense of self is stored. Here is where all your personal boundaries are set. It is the chakra of self-esteem & willpower. Your personal growth & change stem from the Navel Chakra. It is the key to transformation.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is associated with the color yellow. This is the area which defines our self-esteem. The personality that develops during puberty is housed in this Chakra - otherwise known as the ego. Anyone experiencing dysfunction of the Third Chakra is having difficulty obtaining or maintaining his/her own "personal power". This intuitive chakra is where we get our "gut instincts" that signal us to do or not to do something. Strong self-esteem is a requirement for developing intuitive skills.
Solar Plexus Associations
- Color - yellow
- Physical Location - solar plexus, between your navel and bottom of your rib cage
- Stones & Crystals - Citrine, Yellow Jasper, Gold Calcite
- Associated Endocrine Gland - Adrenals
- Purposes - mental understanding of emotional life
- Spiritual Lesson - acceptance of your place in the life stream (self-love)
- Physical Dysfunctions- stomach ulcers, intestinal tumors, diabetes, pancreatitis, indigestion, anorexia/bulimia, hepatitis, cirrhosis, adrenal imbalances, arthritis, colon diseases
- Mental and Emotional Issues – self-esteem, fear of rejection, oversensitivity to criticism, self-image fears, fears of our secrets being found out, indecisiveness
- Information Stored Inside Sacral Chakra - personal power, personality, consciousness of self within the universe (sense of belonging), knowing
- Area of Body Governed - upper abdomen, umbilicus to rib cage, liver, gallbladder, middle spine, spleen, kidney, adrenals, small intestines, stomach
The Navel Chakra is also about asserting yourself with others and in a group. When it is open, you feel in control & you have sufficient self-esteem. When the Navel Chakra is underactive, you tend to be passive & indecisive. You’re probably timid & don’t get what you want. If this chakra is overactive, you are domineering & probably even aggressive.